Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Crockpot Chocolate Nut Clusters

I had a few random Internet "friends" leave comments or ping
me about the Chocolate Nut Cluster recipe that I made with
Adelina and Isabelle. It is a Crockpot recipe - super easy
and very delicious. I found the recipe a few years ago and
slightly modified but not sure where original came from.
They are really great. I actually won a cookie swap with
this recipe tonight so it's a big hit. Enjoy!

Crockpot Chocolate Nut Clusters

Ingredients

3 (16-ounce) jars lightly salted roasted peanuts (do not use
unsalted)
8-ounces German Baker's Chocolate
8-ounces Unsweetened Baker's Chocolate (chocolate not
powdered cocoa)
12-ounces semi-sweet chocolate
12-ounces milk chocolate chips
1 tablespoon vanilla
Non-Pareils or finely ground nuts

Directions

Use a LARGE Crockpot. Spray the inside of your crock with
cooking spray.

Layer all ingredients in your Crockpot - chocolates,
peanuts, then vanilla.

Cover and cook on low for 3 hours, or high for about 1.5.
NOTE: The chips on the top will not look completely melted
but that is OK, they will be fine.

Lay out wax paper on counter top or kitchen table.

After time is complete, turn off the Crockpot and stir very
well until all coated and combined.

Create bite-sized clusters using a small ice-cream scoop
with the squeeze handle or just use two spoons. NOTE: I
use the Oxo Good Grips Small Cookie Scoop - this is the
perfect size for these and general cookie making :)

Top with Non-Pareils or finely ground nuts and then let cool
at least 3-4 hours. I like to leave them overnight and
package the next morning.


PS - if you need it, here is the scoop I have from Bed Bath:

Oxo Good Grips Small Cookie Scoop
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=102818

To view all of our photos, look on the right side under "Our Photos" and click on the most recent date.

Thanks for visiting! Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. this looks amazing and I want to try it??
    I am sooooo excited
    What is a ping?? I am so out of touch LOL
    visit me at www.nf1andpre-kwhisper.blogspot.com
    I check on your blog every few weeks, and always find it interesting and reader friendly thank you and happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete