Tuesday, February 17, 2009

President's Day

This morning Adelina went to my mom's for breakfast (she
doesn't go to school on Tuesdays).

Adelina asked "Mom-Mom, what day is today?"

My mom "Tuesday".

Adelina asked "What happened to Monday?"

My mom answered "Monday was yesterday."

Adelina asked "But I go to school on Monday and I didn't go
to school."

My mom goes on to explain that yesterday was President's
day, and all the kids had off school to honor the first
President of the United States.

Adelina looks at her confused and says "Do you mean
President Oklahoma?"

My mom laughs, teaches her how to pronounce Obama. My mom
tries to explain it's a day to honor past president's
birthdays like George Washington, etc. Not Obama.

Adelina looks at her and says "Oh, you mean like that George
that lived in the bush?"

To view all of our photos, look on the right side under "Our Photos" and click on the most recent date.

Thanks for visiting! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment